I am so into making cocktails these days. It’s like playing in a lab with all kinds of funny tools which will help you create brilliant tasting drinks.
Sometime ago -at The Tippling Club in Singapore- I discovered the smooth fizzy sour taste of egg white infused cocktail and it really did the trick with me. I know always look out for these fluffy cocktails on the drinks menu.
I also did some at home experiments and came up with this fresh tangerine juice and some other ingredients. Again the addition of egg whites makes it –to my taste- super special, it gives the cocktail a smooth sweet and sour fluffy texture. Can’t what to hit the ‘lab’ again and try some other flavor combinations. Meanwhile, please try this cocktail and let me know what you think.
Tangerine Fizz Sour
- 60 ml gin (Bombay Sapphire)
- 80 ml fresh tangerine juice
- 50 ml Grand Marnier
- 20 ml sugar syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 egg white (size L)
- 50 ml chilled champage or sparkling white wine
- Divide the gin and tangerine juice over two glasses and set aside.
- Add the Grand Marnier, syrup, lime juice and egg white in a with ice cubes filled shaker and shake vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes. Divide and strain over the gin and tangerine mix and top with 25 ml chilled champagne or sparkling white wine.
I’d love to hear from you, login to post your comment.
Login to post comments Click here to create an account