"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."—Confucius
A beautiful saying, and I think this goes for breakfast as well. For all those mornings you feel guilty not being able to prep something healthy or having anything to eat at all! Well hello, here is something that does keep you going. You can make these muffins ahead and you only need to pop them out of the freezer and into your microwave and there you go, your mornings are saved! A healthy breakfast muffin that get's you going for at least until a mid morning snack.
For 12 muffins
- - 180 gr whole wheat flour
- - 1 tbsp baking powder
- - 200 gr coconut palm sugar
- - 25 ml Agava syrup
- - pinch of salt
- - 1 egg (M)
- - 180 ml Almond milk
- - 60 ml coconut oil
- - 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- Heat your oven to 180.
- Sift flour and bakingpowder and add sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Take another bowl and mix together (with an electric mixer) the egg, milk, oil and vanilla paste.
- Now add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well for about 10 - 15 seconds.
- Fill cupcake molds with three quarters of the mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool, and serve with some Greek yogurt and fresh berries.
The muffins can be frozen, and when ready to eat just pop them in the microwave for 20 sec (high speed).