I love this cake, it has healthier ingredients than the traditional sugar and butter cakes (which are also very tasty).
This cake has a super rich filling, it's packed with warm spices, nuts and sticky dates.
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or seeds scrapped from one vanilla pod)
- 3 tbs Rice flour (alternatively cornstarch) sifted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 300g dates (Medjool) chopped
- 165g almond flour
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts chooped
- 3 tbs coconut butter (alternatively coconut oil) melted
- 1 Apple grated
- 1/2 cup apple juice (alternatively coconut juice)
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks with the vanilla until light and fluffy. This will take approx 4 mins. Add the rice flour, cinnamon, cardamon, ginger and and stir gently. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine chopped dates, almond flour, mixed nuts, melted coconut oil and grated apple plus juice and combine well.
- Now beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into mixture.
- Transfer mixture into a baking tin and bake for about 20 - 25 mins at 200°C
- Turn off the oven an let the cake slowly cool until ready to serve.
Serve with a scoop of cinnamon ice, hot caramel and this makes a perfect dessert!
I’d love to hear from you, login to post your comment.
Login to post comments Click here to create an account