This Salmon & vegetable soup -probably the best way to subscribe this dish- is a very easy recipe.
It's healthy and packed with flavor and it's just perfect for lunch and dinner. Fresh ginger, chili flakes, lime and that little dash of soy sauce give the food more a more Asian taste.
The recipe below is slightly adopted from Bilder & De Clerq. This is a very nice foodmarket, where they sell ready-to-cook meals (including recipe). All ingredients are displayed by meal, which makes shopping a lot easier and all ingredients are fresh and measured for each dish, so in the end NO MORE WASTE!
Start your oven grill, put your pots on the stove and sharpen your knives. Let’s start cooking.
2 salmon filets (150 gr. each)
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
400 gr broccolini (Bimi or broccoli)
¼ tsp chili flakes
1,5 vegetable cube stocks
½ lime (juice and zest)
A thumb size piece of ginger (grated)
300 gr sprouts
Salt & Pepper
Extra chili flakes or fresh chilli
Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oven to 220°C with a rack placed in the middle. Line a baking sheet with foil. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel than coat it with the soy sauce, salt and blak pepper and leave to stand.
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add 600ml water, bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetable stock, grated ginger and chili flakes and cook for 10 mins.
- Now add the broccolini and cook for 5 mins. Add the sprout, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile transfer the salmon to the oven and bake for about 5 - 7 mins.
- Once the salmon is cooked, add the sprouts in the soup for about 1 mins. We are ready to plate up now.
- Serving suggestion, transfer the cooked broccolini, sprouts and grilled salmon to a plate and gently poor the broth in. Top with coriander and some extra chilli.
I’d love to hear from you, login to post your comment.
Login to post comments Click here to create an account