You can’t beat this easy salad bowl, it’s packed with fresh ingredients and filling rice noodles.
Topped with a homemade crunchy filo pastry cracker and drizzled with a light Asian dressing.
For the salad
- 300 gr. rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots (or cut into matchsticks)
- 1 avocado in slices
- 1/2 red bellpepper, cut into thin sticks
- 200 gr. iceberg lettuce
- 50 gr. Edame beans
For the crunchy cracker
- 1 pack fresh or frozen phyllo pastry
- 2 tbls butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbls white sesame seeds
For the Asian dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbls rice vinegar
- 2 tbls fish sauce
- 2 tbls sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp dry chili flakes
For the rice noodles
1. Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water, soak until softened - max 15 mins. Drain, rinse thoroughly and set aside.
For the crunchy filo cracker
1. Heat oven at 180 C and cover a sheet pan with parchment pan.
2. Place several sheets of phyllo dough on the sheet pan, brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the phyllo has lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
4. You can store the crunchy cracker in a airtight container for approximately one week.
For the dressing
1. Combine garlic, vinegar, fish sauce, sweet chili, honey, sesame oil and chili flakes in a bowl and stir vigorously.
Now let's assemble the salad. Divide all salad ingredients over two bowl, mix in the dressing and allow to sit for 15 minutes, so it can absorb flovors. Add a large piece of the crunchy cracker and serve.
I’d love to hear from you, login to post your comment.
Login to post comments Click here to create an account