Um, major confession, I Shari Bhattoe, am a huge cookie lover or should I say cookie monster… I am a cookie lover from way back.
If I did not love my waistline that much, I could non-stop eating cookies.
The combination of the crunchy baked cookie dough and the tiny chocolate nibs is just perfect. I don’t even feel guilty anymore after eating the entire batch -I simply except the fact that I feel really sick for one day… tomorrow is always better right?
The recipe is easy and rather quick to make, so let’s have a little fun… get the butter and eggs out of the fridge and make some cookies tonight…you won’t regret it. Enjoy!
Makes about 20
- - 180 gr unsalted butter, softened
- 120 gr brown sugar
- 80 gr granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 2 eggs M
- 300 gr all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 200 gr chocolate nibs (or good quality chocolate chips/chunks)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Place butter, vanilla, brown and white sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat well until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Remove the bowl from the electric mixer and gently fold the chocolate through.
- Make a roll out of the dough and cut 1,5-2 cm pieces and place on the baking tray and press to flatten.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden. Let the cookies slightly cool and enjoy!
Punch a little hole through the cookie at step 6, (I used a piping tip) so you can pull a ribbon through them and use them as an edible ornament as a gift.
If you could handle yourself and you have not eaten all the cookies at once, store them right away in an airtight container.
I’d love to hear from you, login to post your comment.
Login to post comments Click here to create an account